After several months of our buildings being closed, we have begun to gather again in-person in small numbers at each of our campuses. In order to do this in a safe manner, we have redesigned our services to ensure that we honor social distancing, adhere to county restrictions, and protect each other well. We understand that some will feel that these measures are an overreaction and others will feel like they’re not enough. Thank you for your patience as we try to honor opinions of those on all sides of this issue, while seeking God’s wisdom on the best way forward for our church.
Because we understand that the majority of you will still be joining us from home, we will continue to put resources towards crafting unique and special worship experiences that are designed to engage those joining us through a screen, while also providing a sweet, holy experience in each of our rooms.
For those of you who will choose to join us in-person, we cannot wait to worship alongside you. But we also want to make sure you’re prepared for a different kind of worship experience.
Here are a few new things you can expect when attending in person:
- Those interested in attending a service will need to make a reservation in advance. We know, that’s slightly inconvenient. However, this process will help ensure that we’re meeting guidelines for building capacities and social distancing. And yes, unfortunately that means we may not have space to accommodate everyone interested in attending. Hence, the importance of the reservation system. Wondering how to make your reservation? Scroll down to our FAQs.
- If you’re bringing children along who will attend KidsCrossing, we’ll also need you to reserve spots for them. This is a separate sign-up at the end of your reservation, so don’t forget to do both!
- For health and safety reasons our coffee bars, water fountains and The Corner Café at Chesterfield will remain closed. Please do not bring drinks to service with you. Because, well, have you ever tried drinking through a mask? Bringing a bottle or sippy for a child in the Nursery or Twos room, no problem!
- To allow for proper social distancing, every other row will be available for seating and we’ll ask you to leave two seats between you and those outside your party.
- Masks must be worn by anyone over the age of five for the duration of the time you're in our buildings. We’ve already started practicing smiling with our eyes. Hope you are too.
- KidsCrossing has resumed for kids in 5th grade and younger. And, just like “big church” we’ll need parents to reserve spots for their kids before they come. Once you reserve your auditorium seats, you'll see the link to reserve the spot in their room.
- We also ask those visiting the Chesterfield auditorium to arrive 10 minutes before service begins since the room is our broadcast studio for the other campuses and online.
Still have Q's? Here are a few that are frequently asked:
Reservations will go live each Monday at noon for the upcoming weekend at thecrossing.church/servicereservation. Don’t forget, if you’re bringing kids along for KidsCrossing, you’ll see the link to reserve their spots right after you make yours.
Glad you asked! KidsCrossing has resumed for kids in 5th grade and younger. And yes, if you’re bringing along kids for KidsCrossing, reserve their spot right after you make yours for the auditorium.
You’ll find a link in your confirmation email to cancel your reservation. If something comes up and you can’t attend the in-person service you reserved spots for, please take the time to cancel in order to open up those spots for someone else.
We hope that you’ll continue to worship with us from the safety of your home. Our teams are committed to continue to create engaging experiences for those joining us online.
We invite you to continue to give online at thecrossing.church/give. We have also installed receptacles in each building for those who’d prefer to drop their gift there. We will be holding communion during our services using pre-sealed elements. For those joining us from home, we’ll encouraging you to use whatever you might have on-hand to participate with us.
Our facilities team has done an exceptional job preparing to reopen our buildings and will continue to do so in the weeks and months ahead. Everything from installing foot-pulls on restroom doors to rearranging furniture in the lobbies conducive to social distancing. We will also be cleaning seats with hospital grade disinfectant after each service. And, high-touch surfaces and restrooms will be disinfected before, during and after services. For your convenience, hand sanitizer will be readily available.
In addition, we’ve introduced new policies and safety checks for all of our staff and volunteers to ensure they don’t enter our buildings if they are experiencing Covid-like symptoms or if they have recently been in close contact with anyone who may have the virus.
For details we've implemented for KidsCrossing, see KidsCrossing Safety Protocols.